Thursday, April 23, 2009

FAST FORWARD



Spring is in fast forward. Cercis, Arisaema, tulipa, Cornus, and viburnums are bursting out in flower. None of them seem to have slowed down during the rain and cold of the past few days.
The Robin that has taken up residence on my teak dinning chair and the Killdeer on the gravel path in the garden, I am sure, have noted that at least for today they will not have to sit for hours in the pouring rain protecting their little unborn chicks.
I ordered plants, most likely too many, as I was longing to get into the garden this past January. As the boxes of plants start to arrive I am walking through the garden marking the location of their eventual homes. Since I have not finished weeding, I will have to nurse them in the cold frames for a while. Will I ever finish weeding?
So with northwest winds, cool temperatures(frost advisory for tonight), and sun, I think I will find a protected spot to weed and mulch for the day and hope for warmer weather to come.

1 comment: